April 2, 2012

Kommander Orsus Zoktavir vs Priestess of the Flame Feora

My opponent that evening was Erickson Kwok and his Feora, Priestess of the Flame.

Battle Engine 90% assembled, 75% painted! Hefting that insane price tag, I decided to break some tables with the Khador Gun Carriage! 


Butcher2 with Ravager cutting down swathes of Exemplar Errants

The Gun Carriage laying down craters with its thundering cannons

My list that evening consisted of: Kommander Orsus Zoktavir, a Devastator heavy warjack, a Gun Carriage battle engine, Fenris, the Great Bears of Gallowswood, a pair of Kayazy Eliminators, and a unit of Widowmakers.  For mercenaries, this force had in tow Kell Bailoch and Madelyn Corbeau.

Admittedly, this list was built to fight the list I made for Tiny David a few days back.  I playtested a Sword Knight-heavy Blaize list just to show how good I envisioned a melee-centric Cygnar list could be.  Twenty Sword Knights running up your grill, with the potential to go Tough and ARM19 on that go made me think how a Khador force would stand against it, much less pose a serious threat.  Then it hit me - Ravager Butcher2!

The list started off with Uhlans and Man-O-War Shocktroopers.  Then I saw my often-ignored Gun Carriage on my desk and decided to include it in the force.

The main idea was to have a good Arcane Dementia roll, cast Ravager and probably Boundless Charge on Butcher2 and have him charge and shred through loads of enemy infantry.

When the opportunity presented itself, it was against a big line of Exemplar Errants.  I made a mistake of forgetting to use Feel The Hate on the charge attack.  I had to man up and just activate it before making Butcher2's succeeding attacks.  I used up all of Butcher2's focus to gather up as many Rage tokens as I can and just hope the kill strike works.

The feat kill setup included running up Fenris and the Eliminators up close to Feora.  When they were allocated Rage tokens, the attempt was not enough to drop the enemy warcaster.

With a nice streak of luck, Butcher2 survived attacks from Exemplar Errants, and Feora's flame attacks.  Dusting off the dirt and ashes, and the help of Madelyn Corbeau's Intrigue, Butcher2 stepped out of melee range of the engaging Errants, walked on over to Feora with full bristling focus for having killed many enemy models on the previous round and laid the Protectorate caster low with punishing attacks from Lola.

Game 16: March 30, 2012
35PC SR2012 Close Quarters
Khador's Kommander Orsus Zoktavir versus the Protectorate's Feora, Priestess of the Flame (Erickson Kwok)
Venue: Lito's Bunker
Result: Win via casterkill

No comments:

Post a Comment