May 14, 2012

Kommander Strakhov vs Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane


Before the dust has even settled, Louie de Guzman took on me and my Kommander Strakhov with his Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane.  Playing the same scenario, we took to the tables with 35PC forces.

I've faced off against Louie's Siege list before and I knew of its very deadly casterkill potential.  I also banked on the fact that since he knew I was playing Strakhov, he would expect me to do an aggressive surge forward and he'll just drop bombs on my warcaster on the way in.  I've also looked at his previous losses and determined that his lack of going for objectives will be my key to victory.  I also re-read the mission objectives and it seems you can score as soon as possible without having to wait the usual second player's second turn.  If I can't out-casterkill him, I will go out-objective him.

We were laughing on about Kossite Woodsmen being the perfect models to hug the exploding objective in Sacrifice, and of course I went on and deployed with a wide space towards the exploding objective -- yeah, the Kossites will be the ones touching the deadly artifact LOL

I rushed my Kayazy Assassins towards the center of the table -- these will be my "go to" unit since they are fast enough to wing left or right where they'll be needed.  Plus putting pressure on the center, they will be prime targets for Louie's firepower.  The rest went towards the control zone.

Unsurprisingly, my opponent went for the center to get the best coverage from his ranged attacks.  Surprisingly, Louie sent a big chunk of his Rangers towards the exploding objective, expecting my Kossites to Ambush from that side.  On my turn, I decided to send some Kayazy to cover up the Rangers he sent up while the rest were held back in a good line for charging next turn.  I sent my Manhunters to take a step on the zone, daring the Cygnaran line to go forward.  An explosion later, I got a control point from having a Kossite hug up the objective at end of that turn.

Cygnar shelling dropped down on my front - Spriggan barely surviving combined shots from Louie's guns.  Siege's Ground Pounder obliterated five of the six Shield Wall Assault Kommandos.  The rest of the Cygnar line moved forward, guns blazing.  Storm Guard charged and attacked the Kayazy Underboss with combined melee attack and missed, but the Storm Caller Storm Smith dropped him with a Single Strike.

Louie had the Black 13th, a Defender and two Storm Guard contesting the zone.  From behind the barn, the War Dog ran up towards the control zone.  I had Strakhov charge it (Dog made its Tough roll) before calling down Iron Fist.  My Widowmaker Marksman and a Manhunter dropped the two Storm Guard in the zone, with the Manhunter's second attack dealing some damage to the nearby Cygnaran Defender.  Under Iron Fist, my Superiority Spriggan broke the Defender.  Also with Iron Fist, my Great Bears of Gallowswood charged into the Black 13th, laying them low, giving me full control of the zone.  And with another Kossite, I took the winning control point by having him go into B2B with the exploding objective.


Game 31: May 5, 2012
35PC SR2012 Sacrifice
Khador's Kommander Strakhov vs Cygnar's Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane (Louie de Guzman)
Venue: Schizo Art Cafe
Result: Win via objective

No comments:

Post a Comment