May 3, 2012

Hobbycraft - WIP Assault Kommandos


So yeah, either I use these for my Lost Hemisphere PTT submission, or I go via Valachev and Nyss Hunters.  But here's my WIP for Khador Assault Kommandos.

1. The usual prepwork - flash removal, miniature cleaning and basework.
2. Using some Black Tac and a strip of thick cardboard, I used this setup to hold the miniatures for priming.
3. I used a cloth rag to hold onto the cardboard while spraying the miniatures using Bosny Primer Red (very convenient for someone with a red army).
4. Once the primer was dry, I used Citadel Devlan Mud on each entire Assault Kommando. This should be the first cheat step since the wash will sink into the recesses, bringing out the details.

Once that dries up, I'll start painting the P3 Khador Red Base flat colors straight up onto the prepped surface of the minis.  I'll just pick out the details individually afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment