May 6, 2012

Kommander Strakhov vs Kommander Strakhov


Rainy day Friday became a small-scale mirror match between two Kommander Strakhovs.  My opponent  was one of the Schizo Khador boys, Huey Melo, who was riled enough to go two games against me that evening.  I brought a 35PC list but I toned down to 25PC to match his pointage. 






Both games were played using Steamroller 2012 Supply and Demand.

My force consisted of Kommander Strakhov with a Spriggan in his battlegroup, a minimum unit of Kayazy Assassins led by an Underboss, the Great Bears of Gallowswood and a Widowmaker Marksman.

Melo had Kommander Strakhov with Beast-09 in his battlegroup, a minimum unit of Kayazy Assassins led by an Underboss, a unit of Widowmakers, Yuri the Axe, a Manhunter and Kell Bailoch.

Game One Highlights

Hoping to have Kommander Strakhov advance back to safety via casting Overrun on Beast-09, it all depended on the character warjack to destroy its target, my Spriggan.  The solid ARM value and the sheer number of damage boxes prevented Beast-09 from destroying my heavy warjack, effectively making Melo's Overrun retreat unsuccessful.  I promptly advanced my Strakhov, popped feat and ganked his Strakhov via Kayazy Kill Stroke charge.

There was a point in the game where my Widowmaker Marksman was competely blocking Melo's Manhunter.  But since it has Stealth and was more than 5" away from Yuri the Axe, my solo got to declare a charge on the Manhunter, and dropped him with a sideways P+S 13 Weapon Master charge.

Game 28: May 4, 2012
25PC SR2012 Supply and Demand
Khador's Kommander Strakhov vs Khador's Kommander Strakhov (Huey Melo)
Venue: Bunker
Result: Win via Casterkill

Game Two Highlights

This time around, he rushed his forces in an attempt to destroy the objective on my side of the table AND he kept his warcaster way in the back, in the safety of a tower.  With concerted efforts, I managed to decimate his entire army!  Sadly, Stealth on the Widowmaker Marksman prevented Melo's Strakhov from eliminating my solo who was controlling the objective on his side of the table.  Eventually I would either have a lane for a casterkill or stand long enough for an objective win.

Game 29: May 4, 2012
25PC SR2012 Supply and Demand
Khador's Kommander Strakhov vs Khador's Kommander Strakhov (Huey Melo)
Venue: Bunker
Result: Win via tapout

No comments:

Post a Comment